Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Route 66 Motorcycle Trip August 8th?, 2017 Chicago-Santa Monica Pier
No permission to create posts
February 7, 2017
12:47 am
bedandluap
Dubuque, IOWA
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Deb and I would like to leave Chicago on/around August 8th, 2017 and spend two weeks on our GoldWing en route Santa Monica Pier. We would like to enjoy the festivities in Springfield Mo. on August 11,12, or 13 at the 'Birthplace of Route 66 Festival' and then continue the route experiencing all it has to offer. I can tow my cargo trailer if you choose to motel it or our Bunkhouse camper if you choose to camp. Tentatively we would like to take the Interstate back to Iowa in 4 - 5 days. 3 to 5 bikes would be great. Call Paul 563-590-8065 if you would like to discuss options/planning. 55 years young and recently retired. Gonna be a BLAST!

February 27, 2017
3:51 pm
flowerpower
Ontario, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Hi Deb! We are hoping to do the route this year on our bikes. We are taking the first 2 weeks in August and will start or end in Sturgis. We are in the very early planning stages so far, we tend to wing it alot of the time lol

March 6, 2017
12:56 am
bedandluap
Dubuque, IOWA
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Great to read a response from Flower Power! Thanks for your input and hope your plans come to life as well. We have modified ours slightly, and now have a total of 4 bikes leaving Chicago on August 25th and taking all of what Route 66 delivers over the next two weeks. If anyone else is interested, or needs a car returned from Santa Monica area the second week of September to Chicago or Iowa, please let us know. Paul

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 111

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

frank: 410

Wotacroc: 265

WillC: 244

wanted33: 149

David Asher: 82

DynoDave: 69

jorgear: 54

thepengy: 41

Maureen: 36

SharonT9084: 34

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 4660

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 1

Topics: 550

Newest Members:

tracioshaughness, glenpierson1, rcjbroderick, phyllis66q, lewissasse19943, Luisarkopv, bobbybaca2, Mazurskisi, GustavB, johnrayan

Administrators: Steve Bellamy: 212

Twitter

5 Tips to Keep Comfortable When Driving Route 66 drivingroute66.com/5-tips-to-… #route66

About Driving Route 66

What started as a record of my personal Route 66 experience has grown into an active community of Route 66 veterans and newcomers alike. This website relies entirely on the experiences of its users so please feel free to recommend your own personal favourites.

Every Route 66 road trip is unique, and this site is in no way intended to be a definitive guide to the old road. However, I sincerely hope it offers a starting point to anyone planning their own Route 66 vacation.

Steve Bellamy

Subscribe to our Mailing List

Copyright © 2019 Driving Route 66 | Contact
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram