A large portion of Route 66 remains paved and drivable (approximately 85%) with a standard saloon car, although with an off-road vehicle this could be higher. There are some variations in the Route as the original alignment underwent some changes in the early years to improve the road and make it safer, so occasionally travellers may find themselves presented with choices between a paved section or a more rugged “dirt” section.
Recent Forum Posts
- Topic: Attraction spreadsheet for R66
- 7 hours ago
- Topic: Car Rental Cost - we saved $500 - maybe this will help you too.
- 3 days ago
- Topic: Spreadsheet
By: Skippy 405060
- 4 days ago
- southcoast64: Hey everybody...I'm planning on driving route 66 e…
- orsey: Hi, I was advised to do the trip April or October …
- texhills: Imo the best time is outside the heat of Summer--M…