A large portion of Route 66 remains paved and drivable (approximately 85%) with a standard saloon car, although with an off-road vehicle this could be higher. There are some variations in the Route as the original alignment underwent some changes in the early years to improve the road and make it safer, so occasionally travellers may find themselves presented with choices between a paved section or a more rugged “dirt” section.
Recent Forum Posts
- Topic: Attraction spreadsheet for R66
- 19 hours ago
- Topic: Rt 66 added to the bucket list
- Topic: Who did you book with?
- 2 days ago
- texhills: Imo the best time is outside the heat of Summer--M…
- Muppet74: We're starting on the 16th from the other end. We'…
- big paul from donegal: hi starting my trip from california on 16 sept. ne…